Skip to main content
 Directory results

88 Related information results

Frequently asked questions

Some of our most asked questions about SEND are listed below. 

Apply for speech and language therapy

Speech and language therapy aims to support children's fluency, speech, language, communication skills and feeding difficulties, by working with parents, carers and key professionals to provide timely assessment, therapy and advice. Types of provision include: advice and training for parents of children with specialist levels…

Parents and carers

Use the tiles below to search the Local Offer directory for services, activities and organisations available to support parents and carers of children and young people with SEND. 

Preparing for adulthood

Information and advice on helping children and young people with SEND prepare for adulthood, including managing their health, transitioning from children's to adult's services and training or getting a job.

Support and services

Information and advice on in-house services and those of our partner organisations to support children and young people with SEND and their parents/carers to achieve the best outcomes. 

Money and benefits

Information and advice on benefits that are available nationally and services that are available in and around Croydon. This includes who the services are suitable for, how to access them and who to contact for more information. 

Educational provision for SEND

Information and advice on the different types of educational provision available to help you find the most suitable school or educational setting depending on the needs of the child or young person with special educational needs or disability SEND.  You can also read about our SEND…

SEND support explained

Most children are able to make good progress from modifications and differentiation in routine daily teaching.  A smaller group of pupils may experience difficulties which make it harder for them to learn. They may require additional or different support from that which normally given in…

EHC plans and personal budgets

This guidance is about personal budgets for children and young people who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC plan). What is a personal budget? A personal budget is an allocation of money available from Croydon Council or Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group to fund…

Choosing and starting School

Starting School: Choosing a school Children with SEND without an EHC Plan. Choosing the right school for your child can feel like a big decision.  As such, it is good to start looking early at the schools that are close to where you live. You…

Powered by Open Objects © Idox plc