Skip to main content
 Directory results

75 Related information results

Transition stages

Starting school For more information about choosing and applying for a school reception place for a child with an EHC Plan go to: Early Years SEND Support – Choosing a school For tips and ideas to help your child prepare for and settle into school…

Full-time education post-16

You can choose the following options continue in full -time study  after Year 11:

Other education services

Other education services can be found using the dropdowns below and these links:  Springboard tuition Home tuition Home-school transport Youth offending service

Frequently asked questions

Some of our most asked questions about SEND are listed below. 

Making a request

Further guidance for parent/carer, young person or education settings are included below. Request forms can be downloaded from the forms listed on the right hand side.

Coronavirus resources: Activities at home

Resources to help you and your child with special needs feel happy and stimulated at home. This includes educational and creative activities plus advice on how to create structure, routine and consistency. 

Find out about free childcare

15 and 30 hours free childcare for 2, 3 and 4 year olds The free early education and childcare: Must be with an approved childcare provider Stops when your child starts in reception class (or reaches school age, if later) 15 hours free childcare All…

Locality SEND Support: supporting children in mainstream schools

To improve the quality and timing of support to Croydon resident children with special needs and disabilities (SEND), we are excited to announce a new scheme in 33 local mainstream primary and secondary schools. This is called the Locality SEND Support Scheme. What is Locality…

Disabled Student's Allowance (DSA)

Young people studying or intending to study in higher education can apply for a Disabled Student's Allowance, to cover some of the extra costs you have because of a mental health problem, long term illness or other disability. You can get the allowances on top…

Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment Support Allowance is for young people who are ill or are disabled. It offers you financial support if you are unable to work, or personalised help so that you can work if you are able to. It is provided by the Department for Work…

Powered by Open Objects © Idox plc