Skip to main content
 Directory results

34 Related information results

Early years educational settings

  The choice and opportunities for early education and childcare for children aged between 0-4 years with SEND are the same as those for other children. The choices you have include: Childminders; providing full/part time child care within their own home Day care; provide full/…

Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)

What is an Education Health and Care Plan? For most children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND) their needs can be met from extra help and reasonable adjustments that can be made from funding and resources that are already available in…

EHC plans and personal budgets

This guidance is about personal budgets for children and young people who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC plan). What is a personal budget? A personal budget is an allocation of money available from Croydon Council or Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group to fund…

Frequently asked questions

Some of our most asked questions about SEND are listed below. 

Full-time education post-16

You can choose the following options continue in full -time study  after Year 11:

Get support and advice about autism

Autism is a lifelong, developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people, and how they experience the world around them.  Autism is a spectrum condition, meaning that some people are affected more significantly than others.  Autism is sometimes called Autistic…

Information, support and advice

In Croydon, there are different organisations that can offer impartial help that is reliable and useful. You can find details of organisations in the Local Offer directory, within the Information, guidance, advocacy and support section.

Join the Disability Register and apply for an Access Card

About Croydon’s disability register The council has a statutory responsibility to maintain a register of children and young people with disabilities who live in the borough. The register is used to provide support to children and young people with disabilities, and their carers. It also…

Local Offer news

What's new on the Local Offer?

Making a request

Further guidance for parent/carer, young person or education settings are included below. Request forms can be downloaded from the forms listed on the right hand side.

Powered by Open Objects © Idox plc