Skip to main content
 Directory results

87 Related information results

SEND explained

All about SEND? What do we mean by special educational needs and disability? Special Educational Needs and Disability (often shortened to SEND) describes the needs of children and young people who have a difficulty or disability that makes learning harder for them than most children…

SEND Schools and Settings Reintegration

This page answers some of the most common queries you may have about the reintegration of schools and settings following the coronavirus crisis. If you have further questions, contact the SEN Enquiries team.  Vicky Ford, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families, to…

SEND support explained

Most children are able to make good progress from modifications and differentiation in routine daily teaching.  A smaller group of pupils may experience difficulties which make it harder for them to learn. They may require additional or different support from that which normally given in…

SEND support funding

 “Schools must use their best endeavours to make sure that a child with SEND gets the support they need.” SEND Code of Practice 2015. Schools have three sources of funding referred to as ‘Elements’. Elements 1 and 2 (Schools Block), is funding given directly (delegated…

SEND support funding for early years settings

  EY settings are able to draw on a range of funding streams to provide extra help for children with SEND, including:

Short breaks and respite

Short breaks provide a child/ young person with a disability and their parents/carers a break from their usual routine and offer new opportunities. Home-based care is where a child/young person visits the carer's home for a few hours per week or overnight stays. Most of…

Support and services

Information and advice on in-house services and those of our partner organisations to support children and young people with SEND and their parents/carers to achieve the best outcomes. 

Support in early years settings

  What extra support is available to help my child in early years settings? All early years settings have arrangements in place to identify and give extra help to children with special educational needs or disability (SEND). If your child is making slower progress in…

Toilet aids advice

This is a test advice note for toilet use

Training or getting a job

Apprenticeships This gives you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a recognised qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience. Anyone living in England, over 16 years old and not in full-time education can apply. You can…

Powered by Open Objects © Idox plc