Skip to main content

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payments will be replacing the Disability Living Allowance and is provided by the Department for Work and Pensions. It can help you with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you're aged 16 to 64.

The amount you may get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.

If you are already receiving DLA, you do not need to do anything until the Department for Work and Pensions writes to you.

You can find more information, check your eligibility and claim via the Personal Independence Payment section of via (external link).

The quickest way to make a claim is by:

  • Phone: 0800 917 2222
  • Textphone: 0800 9176 7777
  • Calling from abroad: +44 191 218 7766

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

Powered by Open Objects © Idox plc