A comprehensive range of services for children and young people are offered at community clinics, schools and at the Crystal children's development centre. Children and young people with severe and complex needs or a disability who attend a special school may be seen at the school for their medical assessments if required.
The service accepts referrals for children and young people with:
- Neurodevelopmental difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Social communications difficulties (in children up to the age of 5 years)
- Learning difficulties
- Behaviour problems (in children up to the age of 5 years)
- Genetic / Chromosomal disorders such as Down syndrome
- Complex enuresis (daytime and night time wetting)
The service provides assessments / medical advice for Children and young people with:
- Special Educational Needs
- Looked After Children
- Safeguarding/child protection issues
The service also runs an Immunisations advisory service and a Low Birth Weight clinic for babies born at less than 32 weeks gestation or who weighed less than 1500 g at birth.
- Children and young people aged 0-18 years old, registered with a Croydon GP.
Please note; if there are concerns about possible Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or other behavioural difficulties and your child is over 5 years old, please discuss with your GP who may consider a referral to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service).
Referrals can be made by:
- Children’s universal services (health visitors and school nurses)
- Therapists and other health professionals
- Education staff
- Social workers
How to get in touch
You can contact the Community Paediatricians:
- by phone on 020 8401 3982 (option 1)
- by post at Children's Medical Service, 12-18 Lennard Road, Croydon, CR9 2RS
Helping children and young people with diabetes in schools
A guide has been produced, to help parents and teachers effectively look after children and young people with diabetes when they're at school. This includes:
- early years
- primary schools
- secondary schools