Your views are important to us!
This website is intended for you, and should be shaped by you and what you need. Your comments, suggestions and even criticisms help us get this right.
It is our responsibility to listen to your comments on what you need from the Local Offer.
On this page, we share what you've told us, and how we have responded.
We will update this page at least once a year.
How to get in touch
You can contact Croydon’s Local Offer using the contact us form.
We want to know:
- if you are looking for something and cannot find it.
- how we can constantly improve the content and available services.
- any other way we can meet your needs if we are not already doing so.
If you have a concern, please speak to the staff in school / college or in one of the council teams that are providing support. Most issues can be solved quickly and to your satisfaction through having a conversation.
However if you do not receive a satisfactory response and wish to complain, please visit the complaints procedure section of Croydon Council's website (external link), where you will be able to view the complaints policy and procedure. You can also submit a complaint online or download and complete a paper form.
You said, we did
We're listening! Click on the links to read more about what you're telling us, and what we're doing to make the site better for you.
The site is too complicated. The amount of information is overwhelming. There are too many search options and filters.
I don't understand what Local Offer means.
We made the website simpler. To do this, we:
- redesigned the homepage to make it look better and easier to understand.
- added the heading “Find a service or activity for families and people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)”, to help people understand what "Local Offer" means.
- made the search choices easier.
- created an “I want to” area on the home page. This is to help users find the pages they need most often.
- improved accessibility for our sight-impaired users, by changing the background colour of boxes.
Sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for when I use the search box.
Web pages are made using code. When we make the pages, we have to add something called "tags" to the code. The tags help the search engine find the right pages for you. Many of the Local Offer pages did not have these tags.
We improved the search function to make it easier to find what you need. To do this, we:
- added the missing tags so that pages would appear in the search. (This was a big task and it makes a big difference to how well the search box works!)
- reorganised the site so it's easier for you to find what you need.
Staff updating the site are children’s services professionals, and their job is to support children, young people and families with SEND. But they don't have the time or expertise to write and update the website. That means it's not as good as it can be.
The Local Offer website needs someone working full time on the website. We want this person to listen to us and what we need from the site.
We shared our research, improvements and recommendations with Children's Services and Parents in Partnership (PiP). And we've hired a Senior Content Designer who is dedicated to improving the website content and structure, and continually engaging with our users. (That's you!) How are we doing? Contact us and let us know!